Be a Force for Good
This Month, we have been celebrating B Corp Month! Klean Kanteen is proud to be a Certified B Corporation since 2012. The “benefit” part of our mission is a big deal to us; B Corps are on a mission to make a positive impact in the world.
What is a B Corp?
With more than 3821 B Corps in 150 industries and 74 countries around the world, our collective values are already driving demand for eco-friendly goods, transparency, and corporate social responsibility.
For anyone who doesn’t know what B Corporation Certification means here’s a little breakdown:
- Certified B Corps are a new kind of business that balance purpose and profit.
- B Corps are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.
- B Corps use profits and growth as a means to a greater end: positive impact for their employees, communities, and the environment.
- It is a legal certification that businesses can choose, B Corps are obligated to prioritise people and planet at the same level as profits.
- B Corps form a community of leaders and drive a global movement of people using business as a force for good.
A Force for Good
To become B Corporation certified you must complete an assessment which measures a company’s entire social and environmental performance. Following the assessment, you’re given a score, to become certified you must score 80 or more on the assessment.
Here are some ways we use our business as a force for good:
- Klean Kanteen headquarters in Chico run off 100% renewable energy, 216 solar panels were installed in 2017 that offset 107% of energy use!
- Klean packaging is kept to a minimum, our bottles only come with a small belly bend, to keep packaging and waste to a minimum.
- We work hard to design durable, versatile, affordable products that replace mountains of single-use waste—and last a lifetime.
- We support lots of charities and NGO’s as we believe our business needs to be a force for good. We are a member of the 1% for the Planet Scheme and we are proud to say we donate 1% of our annual gross sales to help charities and the environment.
You can look for the B Corp logo on websites and product packaging when shopping, to know you’re helping to support this movement to use business as a force for good. You’ll be living your values through your purchases and choices.
Together we can make an impact with the choices we make. It’s about asking: Who will I choose to B?